Is religious freedom under threat in Ukraine?
On January 30, 2023, a webinar under this title took place. It was organized by the “Berkley Center for Religion, Peace and World Affairs” of the Georgetown University (USA). The moderator was Eric Patterson, president of the Religious Freedom Institute and research fellow at the Berkeley Center. Among the speakers there were the following academics:
- Jose Casanova, Senior Fellow at the Berkley Center and Professor Emeritus at Georgetown University,
- Rev. Borys Gudziak, Archbishop-Metropolitan of the Ukrainian Catholic Archeparchy of Philadelphia; President of Ukrainian Catholic University in Lviv, Ukraine,
- Nadieszda Kizenko, Professor of Russian and East European History and Director of Religious Studies at the University at Albany (SUNY)
- Frank Sysyn, Director of the Peter Jacyk Centre for Ukrainian Historical Research at the Canadian Institute of Ukrainian Studies; Professor of History and Classics at the University of Alberta
- Catherine Wanner, Professor of History and Anthropology at Pennsylvania State University
Video of the webinar is accessible on the link
On our website, we publish a translation of Nadieszda Kizenko’s report.