Together with informational and academic activities, the charitable foundation “Academic Initiative” continues its activities in the field of humanitarian aid. In the center of our attention are victims of the consequences of the Russian-Ukrainian war: forced migrants, people from the de-occupied territories, sick and infirm people, families with Down syndrome children, families with several children and other groups of the population of Ukraine.
During the eight months of activity since the beginning of the war, thanks to our Western partners, we have provided assistance in the amount of more than 100 thousand Euro. More than two thousand people became recipients of our help. Among our partners there are mostly Western church institutions. The main of them are the following:
- Catholic foundation “Renovabis”, Germany,
- Catholic archdiocese of Paderborn, Germany,
- Institute “Ecumenical forum on belief, religion and society”, Switzerland,
- Protestant Churches of Westphalia and Hannover, Germany,
- Organization “Friends of St. Egidio”, Ukraine-Italy,
- Urbi et Orbi Communications, USA,
- Protestant church district Soest-Arnsberg, Germany,
- Parish of the University Church in Heidelberg, Germany.
A number of these donors did not limit themselves to one-time help, but continue to help for second and third time. We are grateful to our partners for their help and are ready to report on the funds we have spent.